NURSE PRACTITIONER | INDEPENDENT
Job Title: NURSE PRACTITIONER | INDEPENDENT
Employer: Fortune 500 Insurance Company
Location: Green Bay, Seattle, Vancouver, Bellingham WA, Danville IL, Galesburg IL
Job Type: Full-Time
Profession: Nurse Practitioner
Career Level: Experienced
Experience: 1-2 years
Education Level: Masters Degree
WORK INDEPENDENTLY FROM HOME
Our client is a Fortune 500 Managed Care Organization, building a national team of Nurse Practitioner to provide in home health services for Medicare, Marketplace, and Medicaid recipients. Through this program they are able to meet their patients where they live and conduct health assessments in the privacy and comfort of their home.
THE TEAM ENJOYS:
- Competitive financial compensation including generous health insurance benefits
- Work life balance with a fixed productivity goals and no call requirements
- Student loan repayment program
- A continuous learning environment that includes tuition reimbursement
- 16 hours of paid volunteer time off!
- Generous retirement program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Home office stipend, mileage reimbursement and cell phone
By utilizing Epic, their customized electronic health record, as well as advanced point-of-care testing equipment, NPs are able to provide patients with a thorough and comprehensive health care experience. The company uses technology to strategically schedule visits with the aim of maximizing patient care time while decreasing the time spent driving from home to home.
Visits vary from preventive care for diabetics, to post-partum assessments, and annual comprehensive exams to make sure our health plans receive a complete and accurate picture of our patients’ health conditions and needs.
We are looking for Family Nurse Practitioners who are committed to caring for those who are often overlooked and under-served in our society. As the next generation of delivery models unfold, this is an opportunity to join a progressive organization that has never lost sight of the mission of meeting the medical, psychological and social needs of each patient. As a result, this strengthens the communities we serve and delivers superior outcomes.
THIS IS IDEAL IF:
- You consider yourself a self-starter and enjoy being outside of the four walls of a clinic or hospital
- You consider yourself an innovator and would like to participate in pilots for new services or care models
- You are tech savvy and want to learn more about Clinical Informatics or Health Information Technology
- You are a new graduate looking for a fulfilling entry into the world of healthcare
AS A MEMBER OF THE TEAM YOU WILL:
Complete a comprehensive review and assessment of patients’ medical history, current medications, psycho-social well-being and social determinants of health. Using mobile technology, document progress notes that support comprehensive capture of all active diagnoses.
- Provide incomplete preventive care services as determined by HEDIS or Medicare 5 Star requirements
- Perform point-of-care lab and diagnostic testing, such as Hemoglobin A1C, monofilament, nephropathy screening and diabetic retinal exams
- Follow-up on abnormal results and coordinate ongoing care with PCP
- Write prescriptions with the support and oversight of a collaborating physician
- Help at-risk patients transition from the hospital and other facilities to their own home through in-person assessments, post discharge medication reconciliation, referrals and care coordination with the PCP
LIMITED POSITIONS AVAILABLE – APPLY NOW!
- Board certified as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner in the specialty area of family medicine
- Hold an active, unrestricted state Nurse Practitioner license, as well as DEA and NPI number
- Have a current provider card in Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Comfortable walking up flights of stairs while carrying up to 50 lbs. of equipment, as some residences may not have elevators
- At least 3 years of clinical experience preferably in home health, palliative care and/or hospice settings