More than EHR Implementation…
The Medical Director, Health Care Informatics is a forward thinking, tech savvy physician executive. Charged with leading this 55,000 member Medicare health plan into the next level of Informatics sophistication, the Medical Director will, among other things, be responsible for…
– High powered outcomes projects in association with Tulane and LSU
– Being the bridge from the health plan to the physician offices
– Champion IT, Decision Support, and Medical Affairs
– Assisting the VP of Informatics to bridge the clinical gap
– Interacting with peers across the country to bring back best practices
– Mentor Market Medical Directors and Clinical Pharmacists
– Articulate the benefits of EHR adoption to the physician community
Looking to sit in your office and review charts? This is not the job for you! The Medical Director is expected to out in the various company departments, meeting with providers, vendors, and community. This role will be driving enterprise wide change and requires someone who is very report and informatics driven. Results oriented executives will never be bored at Peoples Health.
Medical Director will work from the Corporate offices in Metairie, LA. Metairie is the first suburb of New Orleans, LA, located on the south shore of Lake Pontchartrain between the cities of New Orleans and Kenner. Metairie is also home to the Saints offices and practice fields and just a short drive to the French Quarter, Superdome, Aquarium, Zoo, and Convention Center. Over 30 private and 50+ public schools are located in Metairie.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Peoples Health has retained MMS Group for this search. Peoples Health is a caring company, totally integrated into the community. They are first a member centric health plan, well respected, not complacent and known as a forward thinking, cutting edge managed care company. You’ll join a strong group of professionals who are passionately engaged in their projects and programs.